Black Enterprise Magazine: Creating Opportunities for Professional Services Firms
Nadia. Quarles director business diversity
Creating Opportunities for
Professional Service Firms
- Conduct a company-wide audit to determine which service categories lack minority firm participation.
- Learn the language and culture of the service industry. If the desired services are in the legal arena, obtain a basic understanding of legalese. If it is money management, learn the investment strategy of the company and core competencies of the firms. Find the experts, ask the questions, and read industry periodicals.
- Educate potential minority firms on the nuances of how business is conducted within your company. Assist with navigating through relationships and cultivating a business partnership.
- Encourage senior leaders at your company to refer minority firms to their counterparts at other organizations.
- Leverage internal resources to integrate practices throughout the company.