Commitment to Business Diversity
Commitment to the Business Diversity Program is the responsibility of every staff member who secures products and services and who makes purchasing decisions for the University.
WHY DIVERSITY MATTERS
Commitment to the Business Diversity Program is the responsibility of every staff member who secures products and services and who makes purchasing decisions for the University. It is an integral element of each individual’s responsibility to look to minority- and women-owned firms for contracting opportunities. Broadening the supplier pool means better service and value for the University.
PRESIDENT ROBERT J. ZIMMER, NADIA QUARLES, MARK SCHMID, CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER, AND JOHN W. ROGERS, JR., TRUSTEE
DEREK DOUGLAS, VICE PRESIDENT FOR CIVIC ENGAGEMENT AND EXTERNAL AFFAIRS AND NADIA QUARLES, ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT FOR BUSINESS DIVERSITY
- Enhances the vitality of small and growing businesses in Chicago and the community
- Provides a positive link to economic development and advocacy organizations that focus on minority and women-owned business issues
- Compliments the University’s overall commitment to business diversity
The University of Chicago Office of Business Diversity supports the University’s legacy of inclusion by:
- Collaborating with key University stakeholders to identify opportunities for minority- and women-owned businesses that contribute to the economic development in communities where we conduct business
- Connecting minority- and women-owned businesses to key decision makers within the University
- Creating sustainable partnerships with minority- and women-owned businesses that will advance continual improvement in our performance and the performance of our partners
Performance in the supply chain is optimized in an environment that is open and inclusive.
The Business Diversity Program is fundamental to the University’s commitment to grow and develop a portfolio of critical and valued business partners. Generating open competition gives the University the ability to leverage the best resources in the market and increases access to the most creative and innovative talent locally and nationally.
The University of Chicago has enjoyed an international reputation of leadership, innovation, and excellence.
The composition of institutional stakeholders is becoming increasingly diverse as demographics shift and ethnic affluence expands. The development of sustainable alliances with diverse firms will advance our reputation with key internal and external stakeholders.